Sunday 10 April 2011

Spring Rain

I think it is official, spring is here and not just on the calendar. I am truly feeling refreshed and that sense of renewal. What a beautiful weekend, warm temperatures, sunny skies, who can ask for more? As a perfect end to the weekend weather, we have rain. For me this is exactly how I want to end my weekend. A quiet evening at home, the smell of fresh rain and its cool breeze through my windows, oatmeal cookies in the oven, a candle burning and a cup of island mango and peach white tea.

I happen to love the rain, particularly storms. Preferably when I can enjoy them from a sheltered place, though sometimes getting caught in a storm can make me feel so alive. One thing I miss the most about home is the crazy storms, those cracks and rolls of thunder that make you think the house is going to shake off of the foundation. Windsor is the thunder storm capital of Canada and I love it. Montreal's storms pale in comparison, although rainstorms seem to last significantly longer here.


I hope everyone had a great weekend, it sounds like the weather put on a good show for many areas. Tomorrow is a new beginning, a new day, a new week, and a new age for me - it is my birthday! Looking forward to a fabulous day, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment